About the Windows 10 (Version 1511) update
Windows 10 is a service, which means it's always up to date and your PC always has the latest and best features.
The Version 1511 update, which includes additional features and improvements
, will automatically download and install when it’s available.
If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates. If you’re not seeing the update, hang tight. It'll be available soon.
Here are some things to know about the update:
- The download is about 3 GB. If you use a metered Internet connection, connect to an unmetered network in order to avoid any extra charges.
- After the update is installed, when you sign in, you'll see screens indicating your PC is completing setup. These screens are shades of blue and similar to when you installed Windows 10 for the first time.
- Your settings will stay the same and you won't lose any data.
- After setup is complete, your PC will be running Windows 10 (Version 1511). To see what version your PC is running, select the Start button, then select Settings > System > About.
If it’s been less than 31 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, you won’t get the Version 1511 update right away; this will allow you to go back to your previous version of Windows if you choose. After the 31 days have passed, your PC will automatically download the Version 1511 update.
Any update installed on your PC before the Windows 10 (Version 1511) update will no longer be listed in your update history.
Further system specific information
- When you want to use “Go back to an ealier build” and you have Bitlocker turned on you have to turn off Bitlocker and wait until decryption is finished.
- LIFEBOOK E5x6 / E7x6 / A556
You can use Cortana with voice with pre-installed audio driver after settings of microphone volume. But we suggest to use new driver for Cortana with voice to avoid some steps of the settings.
We updated to new driver at our web site already. Please download and update the driver for using “Cortana with voice”.