Fujitsu Introduces New Education Market Offerings to Enrich the Learning Experience
Fujitsu Increases Education Sector Sales Revenue by Nearly 60 Percent Annually
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 06/28/10 -- ISTE 2010-Fujitsu (http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com) today announced it has expanded its North American education market portfolio with the new LifeBook® PH520 ultra-portable notebook and the recently introduced LifeBook T730 multi-touch screen convertible tablet PC, enhanced professional development services, and new datacenter options including cloud computing.
At ISTE 2010 in booth #1662, Fujitsu will demonstrate how schools including Naperville Community Unit School District 203 in Illinois, Franklin Road Academy in Nashville, Tennessee, and St. Joseph's Academy in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, are technologically enriching their academic environment. Bolstered by multi-state contract wins including Western States Contracting Alliance/National Association of State Procurement Officials (WSCA/NASPO) and Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC), Fujitsu sales revenue in the education sector has experienced a compound annual growth rate of nearly 60 percent over the last three years.
- Fujitsu is expanding its presence on school campuses with the new LifeBook PH520 ultra-portable notebook, the recently introduced LifeBook T730 multi-touch screen convertible tablet PC, and the ever-popular LifeBook T900 multi-touch convertible tablet PC with unmatched 13.3-inch WXGA display. The glossy ruby red LifeBook PH520 notebook measures a little more than an inch thin with an 11.6-inch display, and it weighs just more than three pounds. The thin-and-light LifeBook T730 convertible weighs 4.4 pounds with a 12.1-inch display and offers unmatched flexibility with a modular super-multi DVD-RW, dual digitizer supporting two-finger touch, and the all new 2010 Intel® CoreTM processor family. The LifeBook PH520 notebook is priced at $599(1), the LifeBook T730 convertible tablet PC is priced starting at $1,869(1), and the LifeBook T900 convertible tablet PC is priced starting at $1,889(1).
- New Fujitsu datacenter options for educational institutions include cloud computing, managed data center services, IT Sustainability, and hosted offshore solutions based on award-winning PRIMERGY® servers, ETERNUS® storage and virtualization systems, as well as Dynamic Infrastructures. Education customers are looking for a flexible and scalable IT infrastructure that also supports the financial and environmental goals of those institutions. Fujitsu data center options and infrastructure hardware help them achieve all of these goals and can expand as they grow.
- Fujitsu announced the PRIMERGY CX1000, which provides unprecedented levels of scale-out capability, ideal for cloud computing in educational environments. As content creation, social networking and collaboration increase in education, the need and scalability of cloud computing will continue to grow. The PRIMERGY Cloud eXtension server sets new standards in data center economics by optimizing the operating cost drivers of power, heat and space.
- Fujitsu has recently been awarded several multi-state contracts including Western States Contracting Alliance/National Association of State Procurement Officials (WSCA/NASPO) and Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC). Multi-state contracts provide Fujitsu customers and channel partners with easier access to high quality Fujitsu server, storage and mobile products, and services.
- Fujitsu continues to enhance its professional development services with programs designed to help educators more effectively teach, and students learn and collaborate with tablet PCs in the classroom. Programs range from instructional technology assessment, to professional development, and grant writing and research.
Rich Fiore, Director of IT Infrastructure, Naperville, Illinois, Community Unit School District 203
"Harnessing today's technology booms to assist in the learning experience is a top challenge for technology directors at schools. Fujitsu worked hard to give Naperville Community Unit School District 203 the right price, an outstanding feature set with a 'wow' factor, and durable tablet PCs that are continually put to the test by students."
Bob Farrow, Vice President Public Sector, Fujitsu America
"With the recent formation of a team of education-focused client executives in place, along with end-to-end product offerings and services to meet the array of education requirements, Fujitsu is well-positioned to continue its expansion in the education market. Fujitsu provides the technology to ensure that faculty, students and staff benefit from a technologically superior educational experience."
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Fujitsu America, Inc. is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings including consulting, systems integration, managed services and outsourcing for enterprise applications, data center and field services operations, based on server, software, storage and mobile technologies. Fujitsu provides industry-oriented solutions for manufacturing, retail, healthcare, government, education, financial services and communications sectors. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/
(1) Pricing may change without notice.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, LifeBook and ETERNUS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. PRIMERGY is a trademark or registered trademark of Fujitsu Technology Solutions in the United States and other countries. Intel, the Intel logo, and Intel Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners.
The statements provided herein are for informational purposes only and may be amended or altered by Fujitsu Limited without notice or liability. Product description data represents Fujitsu design objectives and is provided for comparative purposes; actual results may vary based on a variety of factors. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Manager, Public Relations